Thursday, April 2, 2009

Yesterday I told you this week last year we were on a cruise, we drove down to Galveston, Texas the day before and spent the night at Hotel Galvez which is a beautiful historic hotel built in 1911. It is across from the beach and the gulf, it has an old world spanish style which is beautiful and last April the grounds of the hotel were so pretty. We ate some fresh shrimp and had wonderful margaritas and a relaxing walk along the beach before bed. The next morning we had a nice brunch before catching the shuttle to the ship, the hotel let us leave my car for the week since we spent the night. We had a glass of champagne after we checked in at the ship, we always cruise on Royal Caribbean so we get some free perks such as champagne. I hope after the hurricane last year after we visited that everything has been restored because Galveston is a fun quaint little place to visit. Well I need to go change and get ready for my next exercise class hope you all enjoy hearing about my vacation memories take care and God bless....Barb

4 comments:

nanatrish said...

It's confirmed. You are a movie star. How exotic! Wow. I'll be looking forward to some more pictures.

nanatrish said...

Okay, what kind of bag are you looking for? I will be on the lookout. Do you have certain designer bags you like? Do you want leather, straw,? details please.

Barb said...

I love all bags, I'm looking for a hot color(orange,lime green,yellow,hot pink) as for what type of material straw, leather ect. I don't really care just as long as it's cute. Something not too small since I like to carry a lot of junk(LOL) I bought a cute one at a yardsale this a.m. but I am always looking a girl can't have too many purses....Barb

Elizabeth said...

Such a grand elegant hotel!
I see you are from Arkansas.
I know Eureka Springs well and love the south.