Friday, February 6, 2009

Sunshine, rain and sunshine

Some days are like that you have a little sunshine and then a little rain then some more sunshine. This is how today has been for me I woke up this morning feeling great the weather today was warm and we had sunshine and I was ready for play (thrift shops). Then my phone rang and some bad news, one of my dear friend's brother was rushed back to the hospital and the family was called in and told he may not make it through the day. He was told a few weeks ago he has lung cancer and it seems to be rapidly spreading the doctor's did and emergency procedure on him earlier today, my friend is exhausted. Please pray for this family, my friend is a strong christian woman and she knows God will be with them through this. Then came sunshine again when I picked up my grandson and he saw me and came running to me with a big smile and gave me a kiss. We have had a wonderful afternoon, we went by the police station to see papaw at work, Sonic for a diet Dr.Pepper (don't tell his mommy it wasn't milk or juice) and played outside in the late afternoon. We now have on our p.j.'s after a bath and we are watching a movie until bedtime. He smells so sweet and warm it reminds me life is good and to enjoy the simple moments.....Barb

1 comment:

Nancy said...

H Barb,

I will certainly pray for your friends. You hang in there and I hope you have a good weekend.

N